1. Rivalry. The University of New Mexico's biggest rival is, of course, New Mexico State.
If you would rather study cows than music, than NMSU is the place to be. For people who are serious about music, UNM
is for you. The Trumpimps would gladly take on the NMSU trumpet section to a high note contest any day, with no doubt
about whom would win. The Trumpimps represent. Go Lobos!
2. Lip Balm. Here at UNM we would like to endorse Blistex DCT (Daily Conditioning Treatment). It's
the number one trusted lip balm for the SMB Trumpets. And remember: Just say NO to Carmex.
3. Kiss-Offs and Octaves. We like to kiss everything off for kicks and we like to take everything
up! It totally pisses everyone off, but, dude, come on. Just don't do it at the following: rehearsals, performances,
lessons, and in front of any music professor. Otherwise, yeah!
4. Groovin'. We now have a few special trumpet dances -- we're known for gettin' down during
pep tunes. The lead trumpets can usually be recognized for doing the robot. We do this dance whenever possible...
5. Nicknames. This is most definitely an important part of being a Trumpimp. Each of us
has received (or will receive) a nickname by the end of the season. These names have stuck around for years (just ask
6. Cheers. SCOTT NEY LOBOS!!! The Trumpimps and Drumline LOVE each other.
Jibberish Lobos is another fun one...heehee.
7. MY HANDS ARE SO BIG. OH MY GOD, IT'S FREAKIN' ME OUT.